Sergey Seliverstov has extensive experience in conducting major international projects, providing complex legal support to transport and energy companies.
Sergey's key projects include:
• full-fledged legal support of projects in the field of exploration and production of natural resources in the territorial sea and on the continental shelf and foreign investments in this field;
• legal support in a project for the sale of a Russian seismic company from one foreign owner to another;
• representation of the interests of one of the most prominent international environmental organizations in a series of court and arbitration proceedings related to the legal regime of marine areas;
• protection of interests of Russian and foreign shipowners during arrests and releases of vessels in the framework of administrative and civil proceedings;
• representation of interests of airlines and airports in disputes related to aviation accidents and incidents;
• participation in negotiations with the European Commission on cooperation in the field of the electricity as a member of the Russian delegation;
• participation in cooperation with the Analytical Center under the Government of the Russian Federation in the development of rules for the common electricity market of the Eurasian Economic Union;
• many years of representation of the interests of foreign financial institutions with regard to financing of supply and insurance of export risks, as well as in cases related to bankruptcy procedures of Russian debtors.
As a result of 15 years of practical work, Sergey has accumulated exclusive experience in legal support of projects in the energy sector-- in particular, in the field of marine exploration and production of hydrocarbons, in the settlement of aviation accidents and incidents and collisions of ships, as well as in the full-fledged legal support of investment projects. When working with foreign clients, Sergey adheres to western standards of business ethics, and he is able to establish mutual understanding between representatives of different traditions and cultures.
Sergey graduated with honors from the Department of International Law of Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO) and the Master's program of the European Law Institute of MGIMO.
In October 2006, Sergey received a PhD in Law degree for his thesis "Legal aspects of security of energy supply in the European Union".
Sergey is the author of a number of research publications in the field of Russian and international energy and transport law. After being Visiting Fellow to the Clare Hall College (Cambridge University) in 2005 – 2006, Sergey was elected as Life Member of the College.
In 2012, he was awarded the "Lawyer of the Year" prize by the MGIMO Alumni Association.
Sergey was mentioned in the international legal ratings of Legal 500 Russia (Transport) consistently in 2013 and 2015-2018 and in the legal ratings of Chambers and Partners (Transportation: Shipping; Russia) in 2018.
Sergey speaks English, German, Portuguese and Spanish.