"European law. Branches of law of the European Union and the Eurasian Economic Union" is a textbook in which the substance and peculiarities of the European law are considered. The authors outline the process of formation of the European law, its evolution and modern structure. The textbook is addressed to the experts in international law, students, postgraduate students, lecturers and research assistants.
The Chapter devoted to the European energy law is written by Sergey Seliverstov (Partner of "Sokolov, Maslov and Partners" law firm) and Ivan Gudkov (Deputy Head of the International Projects Legal Support Directorate, PJSC "Gazprom"). The authors elucidated the legal regulation of the energy sector in Europe, analyzed the legislation regulating energy sector of the European Union as well as distinctive features of implementation into practice of this regulation.
The Chapter "Energy law of the European Union and the Eurasian Economic Union" comprises the following sections:
1. Political aims of the European Union in the energy sector;
2. Primary law of the European Union in the energy sector:
2.1. "Energy provisions" of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union;
2.2. The distinctive features of applying of fundamental freedoms to relations concerning energy;
2.3. The application of the competition law to "energy" relations;
3. Liberalization of the electricity and natural gas markets:
3.1. The development of the EU legislation with regards to the liberalization of electricity and natural gas markets;
3.2. The main novels of the Third Energy Package;
4. Trans-European networks for energy;
5. Securing the viability of energy supply;
6. Renewable energy sources and energy efficiency;
7. International energy cooperation of the EU;
8. Energy cooperation within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union.