Law of the fisheries is one of the key fields for the firm. Our lawyers have profound knowledge of shipping, customs and administrative law and of specific norms applied in the fishing industry, as well as practical experience in the application of these norms.
We provide comprehensive assistance in resolving legal issues that arise in course of fisheries activities. In particular, we render services in the following areas:
• advice on industrial and coastal fisheries, consolidation and development of quotas for aquatic biological resources;
• development and structuring of transactions regarding construction, management, financing, purchase and sale of fishing fleet;
• registration of fishing vessels and advice on the choice of a flag;
• customs clearance of fishing vessels and catches;
• advice on arrest and protection against arrest of fishing vessels in Russia and abroad;
• legal assistance in case of accidents, salvage of ships and other property, in investigation of accidents, collisions;
• advice on conclusion and implementation of insurance contracts;
• participation in settlement of disputes related to the operation of the fishing fleet;
• advice on taxation of fishing vessels;
• advice in the sphere of relations with the ship's crew, on labor and civil law, assistance in settling disputes with the crew;
• protection of clients' interests in case of imposition of administrative sanctions for infringement of the rules operating in the field of fisheries;
• legal assistance at all stages of disputes in state courts and arbitration tribunals: from pre-trial negotiations to execution of judicial acts.