Since its creation, our firm has specialized in shipping law. Our lawyers have proved themselves as leading experts in this field: they have a profound knowledge of international law and national legislation, understand the specifics of the marine industry and have experience in successfully resolving legal problems in this area.
The firm provides advice and legal support regarding all issues of shipping law. In particular, our lawyers render the following services to clients:
• legal support in financing, building and acquisition of vessels;
• registration of vessels in the State Register of Ships of the Russian Federation, the Russian International Register of Ships and the bareboat-charter register of the Russian Federation;
• advice on the choice of a flag;
• representation of clients' interests during customs clearance of vessels;
• advice on the conclusion and implementation of all kinds of contracts connected with maritime transport, including contracts of carriage of goods and passengers, bareboat-charter-parties, time charter-parties, contracts of agency service for vessels, ship management, crew management, etc.;
• advice on arrest and protection against arrest of ships in Russia and abroad through a network of correspondents;
• legal assistance in case of accidents, salvage of ships and other property, investigation of accidents, collisions, and cases of marine pollution;
• advice on conclusion and performance of marine insurance
• participation in dispute settlement, including negotiations with opponents, their insurers and lawyers;
• advice on taxation of vessels, transactions therewith and activities connected with the exploitation of fleet;
• advice in the sphere of relations with the ship's crew, on labor and civil law, assistance in settling disputes with the crew;
• representation of interests in law-enforcement and other state bodies;
• legal assistance at all stages of disputes in state courts and arbitration tribunals in Russia and abroad: from pre-trial negotiations to execution of judicial acts.